Thursday 3 September 2015

Review: Rimmel stay matte setting powder

No matter what skin type you have, if you live in a hot and humid weather you definitely gonna have oily patches on your skin, which will end up ruining your flawless makeup. The best way to avoid oily skin is to set it with a pressed powder.

Pressed powders are a great pick over loose translucent powders as they don't get messy like loose powders.

Today I'm talking about Rimmel stay matte pressed powder.

I've been using Maybelline Clear Smooth - All in one powder for a long time and as it was about to finish I rushed to try something new. I read much about Rimmel stay matte powder and I was eyeing to buy this for a long time, and finally last week saw 20% off on lifestyle and not missing this chance, I grabbed it along with some other goodies (lol).

I bought the shade silky beige which perfectly matched my skin. The color is very light beige but when blended and set it looks transparent. It has very soft satin finish and doesn't make my skin look cakey, blends so well.

Rimmel claims that this product keeps you shine free for 5+ hours, which didn't work for me as I live in UAE. (if you're a UAE resident, you know my pain).
And if you have very oily skin or live in very hot and humid weather, you gonna need touch ups after 3 to 4 hours.

Apart from that I had great experience with this powder, and I'm definitely gonna repurchase it.

The only thing bothers me is the packing! Its not travel friendly at all. Doesn't come with a mirror or any applicator. You'll need to keep a brush or puff if you plan to carry it in your bag plus you'll have to be very careful as the lid is very light plastic and can break.

Leave a comment below if you tried or would like to try out this product do let me know how it turned out on your skin.

Love,

Razeen Zunair.

No comments:

Post a Comment