Tuesday 8 September 2015

How I Remove My Makeup

Proper makeup removal is such an essential step towards having great and clear skin. We all feel lazy after long day/night out, no matter how lazy or tired we may be, removing makeup is absolute Must! Especially at night. Never sleep with your makeup on!
Leaving makeup on can lead to clogged pores, acne, redness and many other things you would not like to happen to your skin. It is very very important to remove your makeup off properly. In short, proper cleansing ensures your skin looks young and healthy.


I have used face wipes and other oil based eye makeup removers, but they never really work removing the make up 100%
And I always ended up washing my face with a regular face wash to get off my makeup.

Today I'm talking about my current makeup remover, plus some other natural alternatives that are equally good to remove make up.

Byphasse Micellaire Water


I love a bargain! Especially when it's a dupe for highly raved about products. Well, this Byphasse Micellaire Water is a pretty good dupe for Bioderma Micellaire Solution, at a fraction of the price!
Bioderma retails at AED 95 for 500 ml, Byphasse is AED 39 for 500 ml!

Byphasse Micellaire Water is for dry sensitive and irritated skin. Micellaire waters are suitable for almost all skin types as they're very gentle on the skin.



The first time I tried it out, I had full makeup on with eyeliner, kohl and loads of mascara, I was amazed how effortlessly it removed all my makeup. It felt just like water, not oily at all.

I put a tiny bit onto a cotton pad and put it on my eyes to let my makeup melt, after 20-30 seconds I just wipe it off lightly and most of the makeup is gone in first wipe. And then gently wipe whatever is left. It works same for face make up also.
But you'll need to rinse your face afterwards, as it's little soapy and can leave your skin tacky if not rinsed with water.
I personally don't feel comfortable unless I wash my face clean after removing my makeup.


So, I did a little experiment with this micellaire water and it works great. The products on my hand include : 3 eye shadows, mascara and black kohl, they are the most stubborn to remove.




And this is just one swipe !

Alternatives


1- Olive Oil works like charm. It is also a great moisturizer, so your skin will feel really soft and supple after you've washed the oil off.

2- Aloe Vera works great to remove makeup and soothe your skin. Its very gentle on the skin, especially eye area. If your eyes are feeling irritated or puffy, the aloe will calm down any inflammation. 

3- Baby Oil/Lotion is great alternative to remove makeup as a creamy or oily cleanser. you can wash your face with a regular face wash afterwards.

4- Coconut Oil is for everything. It nourishes your skin and is a natural way to make your skin soft, radiant and protecting against cracking.










How do you remove your makeup? Do let me know in the comments below!

Love,

Razeen Zunair.

No comments:

Post a Comment