Friday 6 November 2015

Starter Kit - Face Makeup

Where makeup is making it's way through, there are still many girls beginning with makeup, who are not much aware of good products in the market.


When I started with makeup, I was so clueless, I used to get pretty confused while shopping for even basic products. I didn't know how they would turn out on my skin, whether they'll provide good coverage or last for good. No doubt makeup is the most confusing thing, especially for beginners. All those racks loaded with beautiful products to choose from! With that being said, I faced this struggle for a long time.


But now after that time of struggling with so many products I'v finally found top drugstore makeup products that I've compiled for all you beautiful girls!


Today I'm just gonna share with you somethings that I like from the drugstore.


Let's get started!


Part 1 : FACE MAKEUP



1- Liquid foundation

It is always important to get a foundation that is suitable for your skin type and matches your skin tone, plus, easy to use. I would prefer liquid foundation since it is pretty easy to use, especially for beginners, and has build-able coverage. I'v used stick foundations also but that's so much mess and hard to blend.

Light - Medium Coverage

Rimmel Perfect Match ( for dry skin)

Rimmel Lasting Finish ( for combination or oily skin)

Medium - Heavy Coverage

MaxFactor FaceFinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1

Bourjois Healthy Mix




2- Setting powder

I used to wear ONLY face powder when I started with makeup, like literally, even now, if I'm leaving in a hurry, I would just puff on some face powder to even out my skin and take away all the shine from my face and prevent it getting oily. If you have oily or combination skin, use a pressed or loose setting powder to prevent shine and make your makeup last longer.

Medium - Heavy Coverage

Bourjois Silk Edition

MaxFactor Creme Puff

Rimmel Stay Matte


 



3- Concealer

I don't like to hide all the imperfections from my skin, so I don't use any concealer, and don't own one. Yes, you read it right. I don't have any concealer in my stash! But if you have and like to hide dark circles, blemishes, and discoloration on the face I would suggest you to use a concealer one shade lighter to your skin tone to cover them up.

Under Eye Concealer
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind

Rest of the Face
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer





5- Blusher

Blushes liven up your complexion, and give a perfect pop of color to your cheeks, it makes your skin look healthy and glowing. Powder blushes are easy to apply and blend as compared to cream blushes. I would recommend you to use powder blush if you're starting with makeup.

NYX Blush

L.A Colors Mineral Blush

Rimmel Blushes





6- Contour (optional)

Contouring gives a nice sculpted look to your face.

Elf Contour Pallete

Wet n Wild Contour Pallete

MUA Bronze & Sculpt Kit 



7- Foundation brush/sponge

I'm not of those who would spend $20 on a Sponge! With all that hype beauty blenders got, there are many dupe's available in the market. I got mine from a local store for $5 only! And trust me, it works wonders for me.You can also use your fingers to blend in your foundation, but using a proper foundation brush or blending sponge will give you better finish.




Here are my recommended face products from the drugstore, What are your drugstore favorites? Comment them below!


I hope you find this post helpful.


Good Luck,


Razeen Zunair.

No comments:

Post a Comment